Starline Is a range of products concentrating on the rotating machinery industry. We have concentrated our efforts over many years to develop software, hardware and service solutions to assist in increasing efficiency and quality when carrying out vibration analyses or balancing medium to large rotors. Direct Link: http://www.somewhere.com
We offer a range of standard products which can be scaled to your application or we are happy to work with you developing customised solutions. We have been able to assist companies worldwide with solutions enabling them to increase their efficiency and productivity.
Elstar’s Starline products can be summarised as follows:
Elstar’s highly flexible rotor analysis and balancing system which has been installed in balancing facilities worldwide and is also in portable form for problem solving for onsite work . Cabstar can be summarised with the following highlights.
- Flexible rotor balancing
- Up to 64 dynamic measurement channels for absolute bearing, relative shaft and absolute shaft vibration measurements (24 Bit amplitude resolution)
- Generator rotor temperature measurements
- Balancing on up to 16 correction planes
- Up to 10 balancing speeds. Cabstar stores and utilises raw data therefore it is possible to change balancing speed at any time after data acquisition has been performed
- Automated run up, constant speed and run down modes of data acquisition and storage
- A comprehensive range of plots on 9 different levels which can be used during live data acquisition and on store data
- Simple to use project orientated data base system
- Residual unbalance calculation and reporting function to ISO-standards
- Balancing weight position calculator for consolidating or splitting of fixed or variable weights
- Run out compensation
- Display multiple plots (Bode, Vector, Waterfall, shaft centre line, tables,trends etc.)
- Ring buffer storage to capture transient events.
- Influence coefficients are stored and can be used in future projects to significantly reduce the number of measurement runs
- Training package option where a complete balancing and data acquisition exercise can be carried out using a virtual rotor which reflects the response characteristics of a real pedestal /rotor combination.
- Low Speed Balancing The low speed balancing module can be purchased as a stand alone system, or as an option of Cabstar. When supplied as an upgrade to an existing installation, this module can utilize the existing transducer setup for data aquisition or we can provide a drop in solution to meet your pedestal requirements. The low speed balancing software is extremly simple to use and once input channel definitions have been established,the rest of the operation is confined to three windows.
is a simple to use mechanical and electrical run out measurement system with the following highlights.
- Up to two complete (mechanical and electrical) run out channels
- Simple probe setup utility with bar graphs
- Automatic reporting function with amplitude and phase plots which can be setup to match your company format
- Math function for mechanical or electrical subtraction
- Eddy probes and mechanical gaging probes supplied with optional cable lengths
- Encoder option for hand turning operations
- Data acquisition module interface over USB enabling portable (notebook) or fixed installations
is a calibration system designed to work with rotor balancing facilities. The system is designed to enable you to calibrate vibration transducers against a tracable reference (back to back method) by using an electrodynamic shaker as an exiter. A local multi-channel data aquisition system compares the transducer under test against the reference at selected frequencies.
When calibrating transducers in balancing facilities equiped with Elstars Quasar data aquisition module, it is possible to make a network connection between the systems. This enables CALSTAR to compare the locally measured vibration transducer with the measurement taken by Quasar thus establishing any line loss between transducer and the control room data aquisition input. The line loss can then be compensated in Quasar.
Elstar can provide a full calibration service including pedestal stiffness measurements. A full report and tracable certification is provided and if Quasar is utillised the transducer database and predifined channel setups can be updated with the measured sensitivities. CALSTAR will work with a wide range of transducers including Eddy probes.
We offer a range of services either at your site or at our Wettingen facility.
- Sensor calibration, we are able to calibrate accelerometers, eddy probes or velocity transducers at your site or ours.
- On installations that use our Cabstar system, we are able to measure the complete measurement chain using a vibration table in the balancing pit. We measure simultaneously the Cabstar measurement values and compare to a local calibration system, this enables us to measure the line loss. The transducer calibration value and line loss can be entered into Cabstar for line loss compensation
- Bearing pedestal stifness. Using our centrifugal exciter we are able to measure the force being applied to the bearing pedestal through three calibrated force transducers. With this method we can provide a traceable stifness measurement for your balancing bearing pedestal
- Remote service access. With your permition we are able to use VNC to remote the access your Cabstar system in order to assist online any issues which may occur
- Elstar offers a range of service contracts which cover worldwide support (we support installations in America, Europe and Asia) to assist you with service planning
SUMMARY : In this brochure we have highlighted the key features of our Starline products. If you require more details, we are more than happy to assist you.
We are always interested in any applications in this area which are not yet served by the market and are more than willing to discuss customised solutions. Elstar has over 25 years experience in rotating machinery measurement, instrumentation and service so even if you just have a question, we would be glad to hear from you.